For you: strong impulses
on our Assig + Echter
Top Management Blog. Day-to-day.
The consulting company Assig + Echter Top Management Ambition is located in Munich. Since two decades, it specializes in giving advice to top managers, worldwide. Most of the top-30 German companies, many international firms, dynamic middle-size and consulting companies as well as high caliber executive personalities are among the clients of Assig + Echter. The consulting portfolio consists of top management branding, executive mission inquiry, community building, conference designs, seminars, coaching impulses, team development, support for recruitment and placement decisions, potential and executive development.
Assig + Echter
Dorothea Assig (right) and Dorothee Echter (left) are the renowned advisors of top managers, worldwide. Their expertise is unique.
Assig + Echter`s clients benefit from their diverse experience over 20 years. Dorothea Assig started her career as social science researcher, author and consultant to entrepreneurs in the fields of media, psychology and marketing. Her advice leads prominent figures from different professions to enjoy outstanding careers. Dorothee Echter`s professional home is in large international corporations, in which she held high profile positions for many years. She embodies top-management knowledge worldwide.
- They were the first to completely decode and precisely describe the dynamics of success, career, influence and reputation. With these insights they created Ambition Management Theory.
- They advise companies how best to use the ambition of both individuals as well as the organization in order to leverage the highest performances, profitability, change and growth.
- For two decades, they have been leading their clients to great careers and great success with their Ambition Management Theory: board members, entrepreneurs, individuals with a strong public presence, scientists, politicians, media experts, top-consultants and prominent figures of important international institutions.
- They explain the misconceptions about management networks, leadership tools, self-marketing, application and enforcement strategies, gender politics and policies, assessment-centers and mentoring systems.
- They have identified the key success factor for careers in international top management as community building, and they teach community-building skills in their events, seminars, coaching, speeches, publications and newsletters. Both Assig + Echter are themselves models of community-building.
- They make the emerging global codes of top managers explicit and explain the hidden agendas.
- that want to use the intrinsic force of ambition as their most important resource,
- intending to benefit from EFFECTIVE top-management coaching and EFFECTIVE top-management seminars, created by the experts of top-management consulting,
- that want to create outstanding, substantial, unforgettable, emotionally effective management meetings and conferences with strong stimuli,
- that need new promising ideas for every single top-manager and for the leading team.
- Board members, entrepreneurs, top-managers and anyone who is preparing to join these supreme groups.
- Anyone whose target or reference group is international top-management, e.g. partners in consultancies or large law firms.
- Ambitious experts who stand for great ideas.
- Personalities with a strong public presence, scientists, politicians, media experts, leading freelance professionals.
- Top consultants
- Top HR managers
- Potential top executives in corporations
- Leading personalities of important international institutions.
What you want to bring into the world.
Build a huge career: You learn about five interacting dimensions with which your career will grow.
Winning followers inside and outside the company. Develop your unique style to gain influence.
Knowing what you stand for – your integrity – communicating it to others. Generating recommendations. Being seen. Being discovered for top positions.
Rituals in Top-management
Arriving and feeling at home in the top-management community. Knowing the codes. Being supported, getting recommendations. Being discovered for MORE.
Conflicts, standstill, failure. Growth, learning and the personal comeback at top level.
It’s not lonely at the top! Enjoy affiliation, offer affiliation. Master the affiliation repertoire. Who belongs to the community? How do you integrate yourself?
Status-free dialogue. Pure inspiration, the richness of ideas for your own ambition. Intensity and stimulation. Mirroring, resonance and feedback at the highest level.
After a preliminary discussion we design an individual coaching concept and make a proposal, free of charge. All advisory processes are meticulously customized and therefore unique. Examples:
1 - 4 intensive face-to-face coaching-sessions of 3 hours each. Or: one individual coaching session of 4+ hours duration, plus, for the following 6 months, weekly motivational emails and telephone discussions.
EMI = Executive Mission Inquiry: a one-day individual workshop with both Assig + Echter, in order to precisely identify your personal brand and the brand-communication strategy. Includes written documentation, motivational emails and telephone discussions over the following weeks.
Branding and Reputation
Branding: the precise, accurate, orientating, context-driven words for unique expertise, with a strong positive impact. Charisma. What is your great ambition? What is your next great role?
Develop a personal reputation. The art of talking about oneself sustainably and strategically. How you want to be seen and to be discovered for new great roles by head hunters, board members, the media, the public?
In order to be plausible and credible, new placements and role changes must follow the substance of your ambition. What is your ideal role? Why? Communication before, during and after the change must be controlled by the individual alone, be it inside or outside the corporation.
EMI = Executive Mission Inquiry, one day individual coaching session with both Assig + Echter, in order to identify precisely your personal brand and to deduce from this the ideal role for you.
2 weeks later you receive the detailed personal brand profile.
4 weeks later, in another coaching session of 3 hours duration, you learn how to talk about yourself, about your future performance and success, so that you are able to control what others say about you as well.
Find and evaluate talent, accurate predictions of their potential success.
Executive placements from the internal high-potential pool.
Leverage ambition instead of careerism. Intrinsic motivation: develop and show your own expertise with high positive impact for the corporation, for others, for the world – instead of focusing on personal status and bonuses.
Find the ideal role for yourself: no matter whether or not it is an executive position. Experience fulfillment, gratitude and the drive to apply your own expertise.
Appreciation instead of rivalry. The participants become role models, they talk about themselves with great charisma and confidence, and at the same time they recognize and acknowledge the expertise of others.
1. For each participant, for example from a top talent pool, we develop a personal brand profile, with the EMI method (Executive Mission Inquiry).
2. We reveal the individual profiles clearly and distinctly as a one-pager including:
- unique brand statement
- explanation of the individual’s special top-management quality and aura
- deduced description of the ideal future role and professional context
- explanatory notes as needed/desired by corporation decision makers.
3. All participants learn in a common training seminar how to communicate their own brand adequately and effectively.
Top Team Development
Team ambition, team brand. members of leadership teams learn exactly what to call it. Only those who appreciate their own greatness are able to integrate positively and to encourage the greatness of others.
Co-operation among leaders: board members are not team-players, and do not need to be. They need to understand, appreciate, communicate and use their own ambition and the ambition of their colleagues.
Increasing influence and impact towards management, the board, the investors.
Our method Grow.Together is designed especially for top-management teams and is carried out only by Dorothea Assig and Dorothee Echter. The individual’s unique top-management quality is identified and communicated in the most effective and discreet setting.
In one-to-one coaching interviews of 3 hours duration each, we identify the great ambition of each member of the leadership-team and articulate it precisely. From this, they can deduce how to contribute best.
After a week, individual team members will receive personalized and confidential input about their brand, brand-communication and what had the best impact on the team, orally and in writing.
After a further week, the team will receive written recommendations by Assig and Echter. Participants’ quotations will only be used with prior agreement.
During the following 2 – 3 months, 1 – 3 team workshops of 3 – 5 hours duration will follow in order to best implement the insights.
Design of Top-Management Meetings and Events
Top-management meetings must bring about specific results and therefore we create a context enabling top managers to learn. Top-management meetings are fundamental elements of corporate strategy.
Substance not entertainment
Success = substance + ambition. There is no need for a big show. Every top manager yearns for the time and space for genuine, fruitful encounters and worthwhile meetings. Not a boring waste of precious time, but rewarding, with precise results and inspirational team spirit.
Board members appear for a very short time onstage and longer in group discussions and personal dialogues. They talk about their personal issues and concerns. They reveal their great ambition, the spark leaps over, others take it further. Orientation for all. Learning for all.
Top-management meetings are emotional rituals in which every participant feels affiliation, trust, importance and influence. Mood management. The next meeting will be a pleasure, growth will become a passion.
Detailed preliminary discussions with the CEO and the relevant senior managers.
Creation and coordination of a consistent, emotionally attractive, strategy-impacting, ready-to-implement concept.
The Client Company – HR/Coms/Strategy – and/or event agencies will implement the concept.
Advising HR – Our Ambition Management Theory
A company’s every success is brought about by an ambitious person. It all starts with an individual’s ambition. Strangely enough, rewards actually weaken ambition – a simple and proven connection. Successful people are intrinsically motivated, this is why promising extrinsic rewards – more money or higher status – interferes with the process of high performance. By contrast, all employees can become high achievers if they are intrinsically motivated. It is therefore very important that all managers and employees are either in the right position or they leave the company – with respect and support.
Employers must encourage all of their associates to identify and unfold their individual ambition, for the sake of the company. Ambitious individuals want to develop their ambition, passionately and consistently. Therefore all HR processes like coaching, recruitment, feedback and incentive systems etc. must fuel the individual’s ambition.
Our Ambition Management Theory reveals,
- reward and incentive systems to strengthen ambition – including more room for creation or self-determined job-rotation – and which to avoid, including all those based on hierarchical careers or financial rewards...
- development tools to strengthen ambition –personal branding or high-caliber encounters within the top-management community – and which are irrelevant: coaching that focuses on weaknesses, entertaining seminars or feedback systems...
- recruitment methods oriented towards individual ambitions – the Assig+Echter Executive Mission Inquiry – and which are redundant: tests, assessment centers, evaluations, ranking and portfolios...
- which leadership system strengthens ambition – mutual idealization and appreciation – and which tools are unnecessary: evaluation discussions, job descriptions, performance management, motivation...
Precise, full of pioneering insights. Our raison d’être is to advise top-managers and HR experts how to achieve even greater things.
This is evident in how we undertake the preliminary discussions with board members and HR managers, and of course our cost-free concept and proposal.
We answer your questions: what does ambition management mean in our corporation? Which of our tools are superfluous? How can we start saving money immediately and simultaneously strengthen ambition?
You receive clear and ready-to-implement strategy recommendations.
You will be able to successfully implement these strategies in your company.
Seminars for ambitious individuals
Do you have big questions? Do you want a great career? Intensive, individual, life-changing, with stimulating ready-to-implement tactics, in a group of similarly high level personalities. Compelling seminars, offered by Assig + Echter or by renowned institutions like the Managementzentrum St. Gallen or the Zentrum für Unternehmensführung in Zurich.
In-house Corporate Seminars
Examples of individually tailored seminars, workshops and speeches:
- Executive Mission Inquiry – building your individual top-management brand.
- Ambition – the driver of successful careers.
- Relationship-Quotient – how to increase your top-management community-building competence to the benefit of your company.
- Success starts with you – how great words lead to greater results and the greatest careers.
- Resonance – amplify your influence and reputation.
Dorothea Assig and Dorothee Echter create and give speeches for ambitious in-house or public audiences. Passion, substance, intellectually demanding stimuli. Not ordinary. Not mainstream. Ambitious. All topics are offered as workshops, involving all participants.
- A plea for your greatness – recognize your ambition!
- Pure ambition! What you need to know about board members, CEOs et al.
- Ambition – the driver of great careers
- Ambition wants to make the world a better place. On ethics, value orientation and compliance
- Relationship-Quotient – how to build your top-management community to the benefit of your company
- Uncomplicatedness – the thin line between success and failure
- Success starts with you – How great words will inspire you to achieve MORE
- Resonance – amplify your influence and reputation
- New codes and rituals in international top-management
- Affinity, authority and status-free dialogue – successful top-management consulting
- Community – Home of the successful
- Take your next career step NOW
- Retirement and lifetime achievement
Ambition – how great careers succeed. Two bright people start with the same performance, yet one becomes an international investment banker, the other a clerk in the local bank branch… one becomes chair of the board, the other department head … one will be goal keeper of the national team, the other plays in the regional league. What causes these differences?
Leadership needs rituals. The rapid changes and growing complexity of the international business world require top managers with great intellectual capacities and highly developed intuitive and emotional competence. The most successful among them know that rituals reduce complexity, provide a sound footing and structure, facilitate change and transitions, ease difficult situations and transform negative mood into positive.
T. 0049 89 15 70 41 75
Tel. 0049 89 54 66 21 00
Imprints and Data Protection
T. 0049 89 15 70 41 75
Tel. 0049 89 54 66 21 00
German VAT-ID: DE234433157
German VAT-ID: DE192864831
Website concept and text:
Dorothea Assig + Dorothee Echter
Translation into English:
Layout: kunstmine, Miriam Neff
Portrait: beauxproduct, Tanja Bruch
Make-up artist: Alin Köhler
Programming and IT support:
kisselkonzept Media Solutions
Notice of liability
Despite careful monitoring of the content, we do not assume any liability for the content of external links. The operators of the sites we link to bear sole responsibility for the content of linked pages.
Assig + Echter take the protection of your personal data very seriously and adhere strictly to the rules of the applicable data protection laws.
The following declaration gives you an overview of how Assig + Echter guarantee this protection and the type and purpose of the data we collect.
Data processing on this website
By visiting the Assig + Echter website, data are automatically stored (on the web server in the form of "log files information"), which your browser provides the web server. These data are:
- browser type / version,
- operating system and monitor resolution
- referrer URL (the previously visited page),
- host name of the accessing computer (IP address), date and time of the server request.
These data are statistically evaluated and graphically processed. The data are not attributed to any specific person!